Coming in March, the IOTA Ecosystem will be a platform that houses developers, startups, hobbyists, and initiatives who are working on products or services related to IOTA.
Purpose of the IOTA Ecosystem
The intended purpose of the ecosystem is to establish a home for all IOTA community members who are contributing resources to IOTA. The Ecosystem is designed to allow these developers and enthusiasts to collaborate and learn from each other. Their work will be able to be reviewed and featured and even built upon. IOTA wants the ecosystem to be a trusted environment where resources and developers can be easily identified.
The platform’s main use cases will be for:
- Educational resources in the form of tutorials, videos, and interactive tools
- Developer resources including new libraries, modules, and second layer applications
- Matchmaking organizations and startups with IOTA developers who have the right expertise and reputation
- Articles and blog posts related to the development of proof-of-concepts, pilots and other exciting happenings going on around the Ecosystem
- Hackathons and other IOTA Ecosystem sponsored competitions and events
- Philanthropic initiatives for positive social and environmental impact
- A landing page for the EDF with a portal for applications and a window into the EDF to make our work completely transparent and accountable (Ecosystem Development Fund)
The Ecosystem Development Fund
The EDF will support all work that contributes to the ecosystem. The EDF promises to be agnostic to industry and geographic uses as IOTA feels that the Ecosystem is too broad of a community to limit the focus of the Ecosystem.
It would seem that IOTA is trying very hard to create an inclusive environment which would ultimately result in more use cases and adoption of the IOTA platform.
Management of the IOTA Ecosystem will be community driven with broadcasted proposals direct voting on the tangle, the larger community will be able to nominate initiatives and make decisions by voting.
As the system grows, IOTA has mentioned that they will call on community members to manage focus areas and also to propose and develop new ideas.
IOTA will also create a program where community members can nominate and vote for new proposals with respect to how the EDF funds are spent.
IOTA has asked members to share their thoughts and suggestions as well as their concerns, and you can do so here.
Tiaan Wolmarans is a cryptocurrency investor and trader, airplane pilot, musician, and writer.
Disclaimer: The information presented by Tiaan is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered legal or financial advice. Tiaan is not a financial adviser. You should consult with a financial professional to determine what may be best for your individual needs.
Tiaan does not make any guarantees or other promises as to any results that may be obtained from using his content. No one should make any investment decision without first consulting his or her own financial adviser and conducting his or her own research and due diligence.
Please always only invest within your means and do so responsibly. If you have any questions feel free to contact him via the social media buttons below.